- One natural option is to mix 1 cup white distilled vinegar...
Spring is here and it's a good time to perform maintenance around your home and yard. Here a few suggestions from Aftermath Contracting www.aftermathcontracting.com
- Test your home's smoke alarms and carbon dioxide detectors to be sure they are properly functioning. Holding down the button can test the siren sound on your smoke detector.
- Start cleaning up your yard, flower beds and mulch. Typically debris builds up in your yard over the winter so a clean up will help improve your curb appeal.
- Locate and remove early signs of bird nests and wasp hives.
- Inspect your basement, crawl space or attic for possible leaks or water damage. If a leak is located hiring a general contractor such as A...
If you're thinking about selling your home here are 5 Home Improvements you should consider to get maximum dollar.
1. Remodel your kitchen. Hands down this can help really boost your value. It has been reported that doing a $75,000 kitchen remodel can add up to $140,000 in home value. Not bad.... We recommend hiring a general contractor like Aftermath Contracting www.aftermathcontracting.com to help.
2. Get new appliances. If you have 10 year or older appliances you should consider upgrading. Appliance technologies change rapidly so if you want to WOW buyers consider getting new ones.
3. Remodel your bathroom. Buyers like new, fresh looking bathrooms. So consider getting a new vani...
Spring is around the corner and Aftermath Contracting has a list of 6 Best Spring Cleaning Tips to help you welcome the new season. You'll probably have many projects to work on around the home, these 6 suggestions will help you organize the process.
1. Clean your gutters and roof. Many homes have collect an excess of debris on the roof and gutter systems. We recommend hiring a roof cleaning company to remove this debris to prevent damage potential leaks. Aftermath Contracting can help you will all your roof and gutter needs.
2. De-clutter your home. It has been proven that a disorganized increase your stress level. Life is stressful enough and your home should not add to this stress. Dust ca...
Can a Painting Contractor Match Paint From Other Objects?
You've decided its time to do some interior painting and you really like certain colors that you currently have inside your home. You notice however that you do not have the original can or a paint chip to match. You may even want to match a furniture piece or a decorative object that you have but don't know how to accuratley match.
The good news is that you can bring take a piece or small sample of whatever color you desire to a reputable paint store, and more than likley their spectrophotometer can read it. If you’re looking to copy the color of a sofa, for example, you can bring a square inch of fabric, a pillow case of eve...
Mould growth can lead to a large number of issues in your property. To avoid mould contamintion and potentially major remediation expenses here are 8 Ways to Prevent Mould Growth.
- Keep humidity levels in your home as low as you can—no higher than 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Humidity meters can help keep your moisture levels in check. Humidity levels change over the course of a day and its a good idead to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Be sure to have good air circulation. Use exhaust fans that vent outside of your home in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Swiftly repair water leaks in areas such as your roof, wal...
Toxic black mould can be very harmful if inhaled. Water damage often creates an ideal environment for mould growth. When black mould is visible on surfaces such as drywall, baseboards or cabinetry it is recommended that firstly you isolate the area. This can be done by closing off the room or draping poly over the contaminated area. Next contact a qualified mould remediation contractor who is skilled in IICRC mould removal techniques.
Remediation is a detailed process requiring the adherence of proper safe work procedures. If you have questions about mould contamination, water damage or black mould contact a professional remediation company such as Aftermath Contractors in Vancouver, BC Ca...
Overall, buyers are looking for a home that looks clean, neat, and well maintained. By addressing exterior issues,
you immediately give your buyers a positive “first impression.” Here are 5 first impression items to examine when selling your home.
➢ Tip #1: Get into your car and drive away from your home. Drive towards your home the way a potential buyer
would. Notice your first impressions of your home? Is the landscaping well groomed? How about the driveway and
curb? Can you easily see the architecture of the home, or is it blocked by trees and bushes. Notice your roof? Is it
in good condition? Make a list of items that need attention.
➢ Tip #2: Paint your front door and mailbox. Po...